(Click on Questions to View Answers)
I can’t find my child’s name. What should I do?
- First, try searching the entire list.
The name you are looking for may be under a different spelling. There are many different ways to spell Kaitlin, for example. What’s most important is that the sound file sounds like your child’s name. You can modify the spelling that will be found on the label on the product page.
I found the correct spelling, but the pronunciation is wrong. Now what?
- Listen to the sound clips for the other spellings. Remember, you can always change the spelling. One example is the pronunciation, “mad-uh-LYNN”. It’s in our database as “Madelyn”, but you may spell that pronunciation “Madeleine”.
Why can’t you make a custom CD for my child’s unique name?
- Each of the names we have available were recorded live in the studio with the actual voice actors for each character. It takes a massive amount of time and a huge financial investment to record each new product. We do try and add new names with each new CD, but it’s just not possible to have every name imaginable recorded with every actor. Have you thought about using one of our nicknames or a middle name?
When will you add new CDs?
- We are continually working to expand our product line. We have a history of adding at least one new CD each year. Feel free to visit the site often to see what’s new!
How soon will my order arrive?
- It depends on the shipping method you choose. “Standard shipping” is between 2 to 3 weeks (for the continental US), while the FedEx expedited options can have it to you much quicker. Please check our Shipping Policies for more info.
Where can I find a local reseller of Just Me Music?
- We have local resellers throughout the USA, Canada and Australia. Please use the Find a Reseller page to locate someone nearby who carries our products.
How can I become a Just Me Music reseller?
- Click the link in the navigation bar the says “Sell Our Products” to get more information and to get in contact.
I just put my CD into iTunes and noticed that the Artist and Album names are different than my child’s name, but when it plays, it’s playing the right name. What’s happening?
Ah yes, that question. This is actually caused in part by a service called Gracenote. Essentially, Gracenote “automagically” fills in the track listings for your CDs so you don’t have to do it yourself. However, when Gracenote doesn’t have the data already in their system, it can then be obtained by what the user fills in to their music library. Well, you can imagine with over 1,800 names there are a lot of opportunities for Gracenote to gather information from various customers of ours. Unfortunately, Gracenote can’t tell the small differences in each of our personalized CDs, so it can’t properly give the right track listing for each CD.
It’s simple really, after having imported your tracks into iTunes (or Windows Media Player), select all the tracks of your CD, and go to File > Get Info (Command + I for Mac, Ctrl + I for PC) and simply fill in your child’s name into all the appropriate fields and hit OK. There you go! Problem Solved!
I double checked, I can’t find my child’s name under any different spelling. What should I do?
- If you’re still unable to find your child’s name, you can submit a “request for consideration” for our next CD project by filling out the contact form below. Please be sure to indicate the most common spelling and the phonetic pronunciation of the name. Your suggestion will be added to our suggested name list for the next recording.Please note, although we’d like to include everyone’s names, we’ll be selecting from the most popular names on the list at the time of recording.